An icon among fishing shells that keeps you dry in wet conditions, our durable, waterproof/breathable SST Jacket now features a host of new angler-friendly details.
Bristol Bay, Tierra del Fuego, the Russian Arctic - they all share three things: good fishing, bad weather and a whole lot of SST Jackets. Since its introduction, the venerable SST has continually set the standard for on-the-water weather protection. Today's version features our latest advances in shell design and technology, along with a host of new, angler-friendly details. Now made from our new 3-layer recyclable nylon ripstop waterproof/breathable fabric, the new SST is durable, extremely light, and better yet, fully recyclable. There's also a new integrated hood with single-pull adjustment and waterproof, corrosion-resistant ririAQUAzip® main and hand pocket zippers. The now-classic large, gusseted chest pockets are waterproof and set high for deep wading. A belt loop on the back allows a wading belt to be worn over the jacket over waders, this combined with the waterproof front zipper results in a near waterproof garment to the neck for greater safety in the event of a spill. Streamlined cuffs lie flat, resist line snagging and seal out water. More details: large back pocket and hidden rod holder. Medium length (2 inches longer than the Deep Wading Jacket). Recyclable through our Common Threads Recycling Program.
- Lightweight, highly breathable and durable 3-layer recyclable nylon double ripstop fabric, with a waterproof/breathable H2No® barrier and a Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Integrated hood with single-pull adjustment; waterproof, corrosion resistant ririAQUAzip main and handwarmer pocket zippers
- Reverse StretchCoat® cuff fabric; Y-Joint™ sleeves and anatomically curved elbows; all seams are sealed
- Large gusseted chest pockets are waterproof (set high for wading, with inside tippet pockets, large back pocket); new forceps stash inside left chest pocket
- Two Beastie D-rings on front, one on back; hidden rod holder; new double belt loop at lower back
- New drawcord at hem, fabric at hem is mesh to allow for drainage
- 3-layer, recyclable 100% nylon double ripstop with a waterproof/breathable H2No barrier and a Deluge DWR finish. Cuffs: Reverse StretchCoat. Recyclable through the Common Threads Recycling Program
- 578 g (20.4 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
3-layer H2No® fabrics are waterproof and breathable by virtue of an advanced combination of elements: a water-repellent shell fabric, a waterproof barrier and an interior scrim fabric. This fabric package is completely waterproof, windproof, breathable and very durable.
H2No® Barrier is Patagonia's standard for 100% waterproof and breathable protection in our shell garments. H2No is created by adding a waterproof and breathable laminate or coating to a high performance protective fabric. This fabric package blocks wind and water on the outside while allowing water vapor generated by your body to escape – keeping you warm, dry and comfortable.